Slow Cooker Cardamom Tea
Feel free to leave the cardamom pods out of this tea if you don’t have them readily available. Alternately, you can purchase ground cardamom and sprinkle a little on each serving of tea.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups water
- 2 family-size black tea bags (or 8 individual-size tea bags)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 16 whole cloves
- 16 whole cardamom seeds, removed from pods
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2" knob ginger, peeled
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Add the water, tea bags, sugar, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, and ginger to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Before serving, use a metal or plastic sieve to remove the spices, ginger, and tea bags from the tea.
- Slowly stir in the milk and turn the slow cooker to the warm setting for serving. Leave the tea in the slow cooker for no more than 2 hours on the warm setting. The tea can be refrigerated and reheated for later use.