Slow Cooker Carrot Tzimmes
This traditional long-cooking carrot dish is served at Passover as well as other Jewish holidays. You can also substitute half the carrots for sweet potatoes.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 12 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut into coins
- 1 package (8 oz.) pitted prunes, minced
- 1 cup minced dried apricots,
- ¼ cup chopped raisins,
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup apple juice
- Lightly spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the carrots, prunes, dried apricots, raisins, and honey to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the orange and apple juices. Cover and cook on high for 10–12 hours.