Slow Cooker Celery Root Soup
Celery root, also called celeriac, has a taste similar to celery and parsley.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small leek (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the leeks and sauté about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the sautéed leeks and garlic, celery root, potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 6–8 hours.
- Let the soup cool slightly, then process in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.