Slow Cooker Chai Tapioca Pudding
The slow cooker makes this dessert a breeze. Try using coconut milk for a dairy-free alternative.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- ⅓ packed cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground star anise
- ½ tsp. mace
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ cup small pearl tapioca
- 1 large egg
- Steep the tea bags in the evaporated milk for 20 minutes. Discard the bags. Whisk in the sugar, spices, and tapioca.
- Pour the mixture into a 2- or 4-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 1½ hours.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Remove 1 cup of the pudding mixture and stir it into the eggs. Pour the egg mixture into the pudding mixture and mix well. Continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Divide pudding between 6 glasses. Allow to cool for 30 minutes or refrigerate until ready to serve.