Slow Cooker Cheese Grits
Top individual bowls of grits with cheese and place under the broiler until melted for an even tastier treat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 9 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups stone-ground grits
- 8 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Add grits, water, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup cheese, salt, black pepper, and cayenne to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6–9 hours.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cheese and a pat of butter in each bowl.