Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
This Indian dish is made easily in the slow cooker. You can make this one day ahead and reheat before serving.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 5 cups cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except rice in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook for 6–8 hours on low.
- Stir and serve over hot rice.