Slow Cooker Chicken-Noodle Soup
You can substitute a cut-up 3 lb. whole chicken for the chicken breasts.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 chicken breasts
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- ¾ tsp. dried marjoram
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups water
- 2½ cups medium egg noodles, uncooked
- Add the chicken, carrots, onion, celery, salt, parsley, marjoram, basil, poultry seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, and 6 cups of the water to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Move the chicken to a cutting board. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Increase the temperature of the slow cooker to high. Add the remaining 2 cups of water. Stir in the noodles and cook, covered, on high for 20 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through.
- While the noodles cook, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces or shred it with two forks. Stir back into the slow cooker, and cook until just warmed through.