Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash
If you prefer not to cook with wine, replace it with an equal amount of chicken broth. You can also substitute an equal amount of drained plain yogurt for the sour cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1⁄2 tsp. minced parsley
- Add the butter, oil, and onion to a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, recover, and microwave on high for another minute or until the onions are transparent. Stir in the garlic; cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker, and stir fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, paprika, broth, and wine; cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream; cover and continue to cook long enough to bring the sour cream sauce to temperature, or for about 30 minutes. Serve over cooked pasta. Sprinkle each serving with parsley