Slow Cooker Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls
Although it is not strictly traditional, adding dill to the matzo balls adds a fresh note to this slow-cooked soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1½ tsp. chopped dill
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- Put the stock, celery, carrots, dill, and onion into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 hour.
- Mix the boiling water, matzo meal, egg, and in a large bowl until smooth. Form into 2" balls. Drop them into the soup, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with egg noodles.