Slow Cooker Chicken with Potatoes, Onions, and Olives
Because of the saltiness of the olives, no extra salt is needed.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut in half then thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole green olives
- 8 prunes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- Place onion slices in a 6-quart slow cooker. Drizzle oil over onions, and mix to coat onions in the oil.
- Evenly arrange potato chunks over onions. Place the chicken, skin side up, on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle pepper and scatter olives and prunes over chicken. Place lemon slices over chicken, overlapping if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours on high or until the chicken juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Discard lemon and bay leaves. Sprinkle with fresh mint before serving.