Slow Cooker Chili with Corn Chips
A fun way to serve this dish (a quick version of Frito chili pie) is to scoop the chili into individual corn chip bags! Slit open the bag lengthwise along the center and across near both ends. Fold back the flaps and pour the chili directly over the chips.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 bags (2 oz.) Fritos corn chips
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–8 minutes or until softened and starting to brown. Transfer to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker and set aside.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Break up beef and stir until no pink remains. Drain off grease, then add to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, bell pepper, chili powder, coriander, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Crush ¼ cup corn chips and stir them into chili. Cover and continue to cook another 15 minutes.
- Place remaining corn chips on a serving platter. Ladle chili over chips. Serve immediately.