Slow Cooker Chocolate Coconut Balls
Use finely shredded or regular shredded coconut for this recipe, coconut flakes would not work. Use disposable plastic gloves when forming the balls to keep them from sticking to your hands.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 14 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut, divided
- Add chocolate and 1 cup coconut to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop 16 equal mounds of the chocolate-coconut mixture onto wax paper. Allow to cool for 20–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining cup of coconut into a shallow dish. Using your hands, roll each mound into a ball and then roll the ball into the dish of coconut to coat. Serve in paper candy cups.