Slow Cooker Chocolate Crème Brûlée
This elegant dessert can be cooking while you have dinner. Replace the evaporated milk with coconut milk for a delicious dairy-free alternative.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups evaporated milk, regular or low-fat
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 packed Tbsp. brown sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk the evaporated milk, cocoa, vanilla, egg yolks, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into a small pan place over medium heat. Stir until the mixture thickens but does not boil and remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Divide it among 4 broiler-safe ramekins (6 ounces).
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of an oval 6-quart slow cooker. Place the ramekins in the water. Cook on high for 3 hours or until the custard is set. Remove from cooker and place ramekins on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each custard with 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar. Place ramekins under the broiler and broil until the sugar caramelizes.