Slow Cooker Chocolate Potato Cake
Yes, you can convert those leftover mashed potatoes into something worth raiding the refrigerator for. Skip the gravy, though.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl; blend in the potatoes, then the eggs.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, and spices.
- Add the dry mixture and the milk gradually to the potato mixture. Keep blending well. Grate the chocolate and add.
- Fill 2 greased and floured loaf pans, or the equivalent, one-half to three-quarters full with the batter. Loosely cover each dish with foil or other lid. Place on a trivet or rack in the slow cooker, and pour water around the base of the trivet.
- Cover and heat on a high setting for 2 hours.