Slow Cooker Chocolate Pound Cake
Serve this cake with hot fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream. Add whipped cream and a cherry to make a pound cake sundae.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- Cream the butter, shortening, and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift the flour with the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients, alternating between adding the dry ingredients and the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Fill 1 greased and floured loaf pan, or the equivalent, one-half to three-quarters full with the batter. Loosely cover with foil or other lid. Place on a trivet or rack in the slow cooker, and pour water around the base of the trivet.
- Cover and heat on a high setting for 2 hours.