Slow Cooker Chorizo and Potato Casserole
If you don’t have Mexican chorizo sausage available in your local grocery store, use mild breakfast sausage instead.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- 8 oz. Mexican chorizo sausage, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion and cook 3–5 minutes until soft.
- Add potatoes and cook another 5–8 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Using a large slotted spoon, remove potato mixture from skillet, place in a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown chorizo over medium heat until cooked through.
- Grease a 4-quart slow cooker. Layer the potato mixture with the cooked chorizo in the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour over the layered ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours until eggs are set.