Slow Cooker Chunky Tomato Sauce
Make this simple, chunky tomato sauce in a slow cooker. Serve it over pasta, layered in lasagna, or spooned onto bruschetta.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the oil to a 4-quart slow cooker and sauté the onion on high heat for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low heat for 6 hours.