Slow Cooker Cinnamon Pear Cake
Serve this cake warm. Top with freshly sliced pears and a dollop of whipped cream to wow guests.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- Mix the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Add to the egg mixture.
- Fold the pears into the batter.
- Fill 2 greased and floured loaf pans, or the equivalent, one-half to three-quarters full with the batter. Loosely cover each dish with foil or other lid. Place on a trivet or rack in the slow cooker, and pour water around the base of the trivet.
- Cover and heat on a high setting for 2 hours.