Slow Cooker Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
Serve this bread pudding by itself or top it with some warm caramel sauce and toasted chopped pecans or walnuts. For a slightly different take, you can replace the raisins with chopped dates.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups bread cubes (1 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- Add the eggs to a mixing bowl and beat lightly, and then whisk in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar. Fold in the bread cubes and raisins or dates.
- Pour the bread pudding mix into a 1 1⁄2-quart baking dish that will fit on the cooking rack inside the slow cooker.
- Place the rack in slow cooker. Pour in the hot water. Set the baking dish on the cooking rack. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours or until the eggs are set. Serve warm or cool.