Slow Cooker Cola-Braised Ground Beef
Browning ground beef before itʼs added to the slow cooker lets you improve its flavor by rendering and removing the fat out of the meat and replacing it with extra-virgin olive oil.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 jar (24 oz.) pasta sauce
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking apart the meat as you do so. Remove and discard any fat rendered from the meat.
- Stir in the oil and onion; sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Stir in the garlic. Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker. Add the cola and pasta sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or longer. Serve over spaghetti.