Slow Cooker Cottage Cheese Casserole
This recipe is good made with your choice of Birds Eye Steamfresh vegetable blends.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 6 Tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ cup (2 Tbsp.) melted butter
- 8 oz. (2 cups) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup frozen vegetable mix, thawed
- Treat a heatproof 1½- to 2-quart casserole dish that can rest on the cooking rack in your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add the eggs and whisk until fluffy. Stir in the cottage cheese. Add the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, and butter, and mix well. Fold half the cheese and the vegetables into the egg–cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place the casserole dish onto the cooking rack in the slow cooker. Pour water into the slow cooker so that it comes up and over the cooking rack and about an inch up the sides of the casserole dish. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Uncover and allow to cool enough to let you lift the casserole dish out of the cooker. Cut the casserole into four pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature.