Slow Cooker Country Meatloaf
The grated carrots and butter-style crackers make this a sweeter-tasting meatloaf.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ lb. lean ground pork
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, very finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup crumbled butter-style crackers
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Add the ground beef and pork, salt, pepper, onion, celery, carrot, green pepper, egg, ketchup, tomato sauce, oatmeal, and cracker crumbs into a large bowl and mix well.
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the meat mixture and shape the meatloaf into a shape to fit the crock of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup and brown sugar; spread it over the top of the meatloaf. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until the meat is cooked through. Use paper towels to blot and remove any fat thatʼs rendered from the meat. Let the meatloaf sit for 30 minutes and then slice and serve.