Slow Cooker Cream of Broccoli Soup
You can convert this to a rich broccoli-cheese soup by adding 2 to 4 ounces of cream cheese cut into cubes and 1 cup (4 ounces) of grated Cheddar cheese when you add the cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add the broccoli, onion, broth, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Tear the bread into pieces and stir them into the broth. Use an immersion blender to purée the soup. Stir in the cream. Cover and, stirring occasionally to ensure that the bread remains blended in with the soup, cook on low for 30 minutes, or until the soup is brought to temperature.