Slow Cooker Cream of Mushroom Soup
For a thicker soup, use crème fraîche instead of cream. If you do, watch the soup carefully while you bring it back to temperature because if the soup comes to a boil, it can separate.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or crème fraîche
- Add the mushrooms, onion, broth, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Stir in the cream or crème fraîche. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until the soup is brought to temperature.