Slow Cooker Dumplings in Broth
You can add dumplings to nearly any soup or stew. Simply add the dumplings right before you serve your guests.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. chopped parsley
- Bring broth to a full boil then pour into a slow cooker.
- Lightly beat the egg, then stir in the buttermilk and salt. Sift the flour with the baking powder, then stir into the milk mixture.
- Add the batter by teaspoon to the broth in the slow cooker.
- Close the lid and leave it for 30 minutes before opening. Add thyme and parsley and serve hot.