Slow Cooker Edamame-Miso Dip
Three of the main ingredients in this dip are made with soybeans: the edamame, miso paste, and soy sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2½ Tbsp. miso paste
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen shelled edamame
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- Add the water, soy sauce, miso paste, salt, and pepper to a 4-quart slow cooker. Whisk together to incorporate the miso paste. Stir in the edamame, cover, and cook on low heat for 2 hours, or until the edamame are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the edamame and place in a food processor or blender with the scallions. Puree the edamame, adding enough of the cooking liquid to create a smooth consistency. Serve cold or at room temperature.