Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
Smaller eggplants are less likely to be bitter than larger ones.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium-sized eggplants, peeled and cut into ½" slices
- ½ cup plus ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3¼ cups marinara sauce, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (12 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- Place the eggplant slices in a colander in the sink. Use the ½ cup of kosher salt to evenly salt both sides of each eggplant slice. Let sit for 30 minutes, then rinse the slices and pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, coat a 4-quart slow cooker with ¼ cup of the marinara sauce. Set aside.
- Layer a third of the eggplant slices in the prepared slow cooker. Top with a third each of the Parmesan cheese, the mozzarella cheese, and a cup of the marinara sauce. Repeat layering two more times.
- Cover and cook on low for 4–5 hours or until the eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.