Slow-Cooker Eggs Florentine
Freshly ground black pepper goes well in this dish. You can use up to 1 teaspoon in the recipe. If you prefer to go lighter on the seasoning to accommodate individual tastes, be sure to have a pepper grinder at the table for those who want to add more.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Grease a 4-quart slow cooker with butter. Spread 1 cup of the grated cheese over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drain the spinach and squeeze out any excess moisture; add in a layer on top of the cheese. Next add the drained mushrooms in a layer and then top them with the onion.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour over the layers in the slow cooker. Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until the eggs are set.