Slow Cooker Enchilada Chili
To serve this chili as a dip, reduce the heat to low after step 2. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Reduce the heat setting to warm. Serve with tortilla chips.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1⁄2 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (10 1⁄2 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. fine cornmeal
- 2 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the beef, beans, tomatoes, broth, enchilada sauce, onion, and garlic to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk the water and cornmeal together; stir into the chili. Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 to 30 minutes, or until the chili is thickened.
- Top each serving with cheese before serving.