Slow Cooker Fabulous Cheese Fondue
For six servings, cut the recipe in half and prepare in a small (1
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 4 cups cubed Swiss cheese
- 4 cups cubed fontina cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 loaves French baguette, cubed
- Rub the inside of the slow cooker crock with the cut cloves of garlic. (For a stronger garlic flavor, leave the garlic in the cooker and use a slotted spoon to remove them just before serving.) Add the milk, wine, and hot pepper sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the flour and dry mustard to a large zip-closure bag. Seal and shake to mix well. Add the cheese cubes to the bag; seal the bag and shake well to coat the cheese cubes in the flour. Pour the contents of the bag into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Whisk the fondue to incorporate the melted cheese fully into the liquid. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with bread cubes for dipping.