Slow Cooker Fava Beans with Fresh Tomato and Rosemary
Rosemary is a cheap and easy herb to maintain in your garden.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (15 oz.) frozen fava beans
- 6 small Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Add fava beans, tomatoes, onion, water, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Meanwhile in a small heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil until shimmering. Using tongs, carefully place rosemary sprig in hot oil. Fry rosemary sprig, turning to prevent burning, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Drain on a plate line with a paper towel.
- Transfer cooked fava beans and sauce to a serving dish. Serve with fried rosemary.