Slow-Cooker Fig Jam
This versatile spread is sure to liven up any breakfast sweet bread, and is loaded with fiber and phytonutrients.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. fresh figs, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 lemon, diced, including the rind, seeds removed
- 3 Tbsp. finely diced crystallized ginger
- Add all the ingredients to a 2- to 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the cover and cook for an additional 2 hours, until the mixture reaches a jam-like consistency.
- While still hot, pour into clean, sterilized 4-ounce jars and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.