Slow Cooker Franks and Beans
If serving this dish to young children, slice the hot dog rounds into smiles (halves) to avoid a choking hazard.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 package (12 oz.) frankfurters, sliced into ½" rounds
- 3 cans (15 oz.) navy or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 hot dog buns
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Push onions to the sides and add the sliced franks. Sauté until the franks brown, about 3–4 minutes.
- Transfer frank mixture to the slow cooker; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours. Remove the bay leaf. Serve on hot dog buns.