Slow Cooker Fruit Cake
A cake with mayonnaise in it? Your guests might be wary of this ingredient, so don’t reveal it until they’ve tasted it and asked for a second slice.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 oz. candied cherries, minced
- 1⁄2 lb. dates, chopped
- 3 oz. sweetened dried pineapple, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Line a slow cooker with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream the mayonnaise and sugar; then add the water and vanilla. Stir in raisins, cherries, dates, pineapple, and walnuts.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda; then stir in the spices. Add the flour mixture to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker. Cover and heat on a high setting for 3 hours.