Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Slow-cooked mashed potatoes are the perfect side for busy holiday cooks. Not only does this dish leave a burner free for other cooking, there is no need to boil the potatoes before mashing them.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. red skin potatoes, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup 1% milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Place the potatoes in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add garlic, broth, and salt. Stir.
- Cover and cook on high until potatoes are tender, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in milk, butter, and sour cream. Mash with a potato masher.