Slow Cooker Garlic-Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes break down easily and become creamy when mashed.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Sauté the garlic, stirring constantly for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Tip garlic and butter into a 4 quart slow cooker. Add the soy milk, cheese, and salt. Stir, cover, and cook on high heat for 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash the potatoes to the desired consistency. Serve with a dusting of black pepper.