Slow Cooker Ginger-Soy Tempeh Cubes
Tempeh is made from fermented soybeans and is used as a meat replacement in many vegan dishes. For this recipe, cook tempeh with a tangy sauce in a slow cooker. Serve with rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 4 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced, fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 package (13 oz.) tempeh, cut into bite-sized squares
- 4 scallions, sliced on the bias
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, water, lime juice, olive oil, and sugar.
- Add the garlic mixture and tempeh to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Garnish with the green onions.