Slow-Cooker Gluten-Free Pear Clafoutis
Clafoutis is a soft, pancake-like breakfast with fruit. If you choose to use a larger slow cooker than the specified 2.5-quart, you will need to reduce the cooking time. When the sides are golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean, the clafoutis is done.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pears, stem and seeds removed, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Place the pears in a greased 2.5-quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter over the pears. Cover the slow cooker and vent the lid with a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Cook on high for 2½–3 hours or on low for 5–6 hours. Serve warm or cold drizzled with maple syrup.