Slow Cooker Ham and Corn Chowder
The sherry is a luxurious touch for this light, one-bowl lunch. Serve the chowder with crusty bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup lean ham, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" chunks
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 bag (20 oz.) frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 cups water, heated to a simmer
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place the ham in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in the potatoes, onion, carrots, corn, and water. Cover and cook on low for 4–6 hours.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, evaporated milk, and the sherry if using. Cover and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.