Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
A slightly sweet honey garlic sauce tops off this comforting creamy chicken and vegetable meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 5 hours 30 minutesTotal: 6 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Kroger™ Honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the broth, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onions in the slow cooker.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables and pour the broth mixture over the chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 4½ -5½ hours, adding in the green beans in the last hour.
- Remove vegetables and chicken when done cooking. With a fine mesh sieve, strain the cooking juices into a medium bowl. Transfer juices into a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Whisk into the juices in the saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk for 5 minutes, until it has thickened.
- Whisk in the butter and soy sauce.
- Serve sauce with the chicken and vegetables.
- Refrigerate leftovers.