Slow Cooker Hot Buttered Rum
Time the cooking of this drink so that you can stir in the rum and let it “mull” for 20 minutes before serving.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dark rum
- Add the butter and 2 cups of the water to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the butter is melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar, and then add the remaining water, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, stir in the rum; cover and cook for 20 minutes. To serve, ladle into small heatproof mugs.