Slow Cooker Hot and Sour Soup
You can adjust the spiciness of this soup by adding more or less chili paste.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 oz. dried Chinese mushrooms
- ½ cup canned sliced bamboo shoots
- 4 oz. extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. red chili paste
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias
- To a 4-quart slow cooker, add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, tofu, chili paste, and pepper; cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Pour the slurry into the slow cooker; stir, and cook on high heat for 20 additional minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with scallions.