Slow Cooker Italian Risotto
Risotto should be very creamy on the outside, with just a bit of toothsome resistance on the inside of each grain of rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the butter and oil in a heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter, and add the onion and celery. Cook for 3–5 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with butter and oil. Stir in salt. Add rice and softened vegetables to a greased 4–6-quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese.