Slow-Cooker Italian Risotto with Zucchini
Risotto should be very creamy on the outside, with just a bit of toothsome resistance on the inside of each grain of rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Add butter and oil to a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Melt butter, and add onion, zucchini, and celery leaves. Cook for 3–5 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter and oil. Stir in salt. Transfer to a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add broth, parsley, and pepper to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5½ hours.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and cook 30 minutes more. Add lemon juice. Serve hot.