Slow Cooker Kalamata Olive Hummus
To add a little smokiness to this hummus, stir in a teaspoon of smoked paprika with the ground cumin.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dried chickpeas (2 cups), soaked overnight and drained
- 7 cups water
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place the soaked and drained chickpeas and water in a 4-quart slow cooker, cover, and cook on high heat for 4 hours. Drain the chickpeas, reserving the water.
- Combine the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add the reserved soaking liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth.