Slow Cooker Kale, Swiss Chard, and Chickpea Stew
Make this hearty and nutrient-rich stew in a slow cooker.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 6 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- ¼ medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.