Slow Cooker Lasagna with Spinach
There is no need to precook the noodles in this recipe.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 28 oz. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup defrosted frozen cut spinach
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups marinara sauce
- ½ lb. uncooked regular lasagna noodles
- In a medium bowl, stir the ricotta, spinach, egg, and mozzarella.
- Ladle a quarter of the marinara sauce along the bottom of a 6-quart oval slow cooker. The bottom should be thoroughly covered in sauce. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle an additional quarter of sauce over the noodles, covering all of the noodles. Top with half of the cheese mixture, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to smooth. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles on top of the cheese, breaking noodles if needed to fit in the sides.
- Ladle another quarter of the sauce on top of the noodles, and top with the remaining cheese. Press another layer of noodles onto the cheese and top with the remaining sauce. Take care that the noodles are entirely covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours until cooked through.