Slow Cooker Leek and Potato Soup
Leeks are mild in soup. Therefore, this soup is excellent before strongly flavored main dishes of beef or wild game.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 5 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 large leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- 4 tsp. minced fresh chives
- Sauté the leeks and onion in butter in a pan over low heat until soft. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Combine potatoes with the stock, water, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- When the potatoes and onions are very soft and falling apart, use a blender to puree the soup.
- Top each serving of soup with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.