Slow Cooker Lemon-Butter Roast Chicken
This is a salt-free way to fix chicken. Because of the lemon juice and the herbs in the seasoning blend, you wonʼt even miss it!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole chicken (2 1⁄2 lbs.)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the chicken under cool running water and pat dry. Place the chicken on a broiling pan; broil for about 10 minutes on each side, or until the skin is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, stir the garlic into the butter. Rub the garlic-butter over the outside of the chicken. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend over all sides of the chicken.
- Pour the water into the slow cooker. Position the cooking rack in the slow cooker and place the chicken on top of the rack, breast side up.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Add the lemon juice to the water in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1 more hour on low.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Skim any fat from the juice in the slow cooker and then pour it into gravy boat. Carve the chicken and serve it with some juice poured over the chicken.