Slow Cooker Lentils with Spinach, Wine, and Garlic
Make lentils in a slow cooker and sauté spinach with garlic and wine in a skillet and combine with the cooked lentils for this hearty vegetarian dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. dried brown lentils
- 8 oz. yellow lentils
- Enough water to cover lentils by 1"
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cups packed fresh spinach, rinsed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add lentils, water, and 1 teaspoon salt to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Check the lentils and continue cooking if necessary.
- Once the lentils are done, drain in a colander and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add spinach and sauté, stirring constantly for 1 minute, or until wilted. Add wine and cook for 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the lentils with the remaining salt and pepper.